At Moxie Pilates, I am committed to providing you personalized instruction in the supportive atmosphere of a private studio. I teach Joseph Pilates' original exercise method while incorporating current exercise principles to provide a safe and effective approach. Attention to detail emphasizes proper alignment and teaches students how to move their bodies efficiently. Complete coordination of the mind, body and spirit will have you walking taller and feeling more refreshed, relaxed and energized; hopefully with a little moxie.
Hours: By appointment only. Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm; Saturday 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.
About the Owner
Kimm Miller, CPT, Owner
Kimm began practicing pilates in 1998 as an original cast member / performer with Cirque du Soleil's "O" Show in Las Vegas and has been teaching pilates apparatus and matwork full-time since 2003. Prior to her pilates certification, she was a personal trainer and fitness specialist in a 55-and-over community for active adults. Kimm specializes in working with pre-rehabilitation and post-rehabilitation wellness seekers.
- Certified Orthopedic Exercise Specialist 2022
- Certified Pilates Instructor over 20 years (Comprehensive)
- Certified Personal Trainer over 20 years - American Council on Exercise
- The Vertical Workshop Pilates Teacher Intensives with Shari Berkowitz (1.5 years advanced studies)
- FAMI Workshop at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine (Functional Anatomy for Movement and Injuries)
- Professional High Diver / Acrobat for 7 years
- Performer Cirque du Soleil
- Former member US High Diving Team
- National level competitor in gymnastics and springboard diving
- Berks County Aquatic Hall of Fame 2004
- Bachelor's Degree Bloomsburg University
Kimm continues to bring you the best through yearly continuing education in pilates, personal training and related mind-body therapies. She has been inspired by participating in sessions with the following leaders in their respective fields: Shari Berkowitz, Rael Isacowitz, Lolita San Miguel, Brent Anderson, Elizabeth Larkam, Julian Littleford, Lawrence Biscontini, NASM, the very best Stott Pilates instructors, and many more.
Coronavirus / Covid-19 Policies
- Thank you for your patience and understanding while the studio operates during the pandemic.
- Upon reopening, some changes have been made to the class schedule.
- For your safety, extra precautions have been put in place for your safety. Once you sign up for a class or Introductory lesson, you will be provided with a link to the new policies and procedures - which you must agree to before attending a session.
- This is an ever-changing situation. If you have any questions or concerns at all, please reach out to Kimm, the owner, directly.
- Payment for each class is in advance or at the time of service.
- Payment is by cash, check or major credit cards / debit cards.
- A 24-Hour cancellation notice is required or session will be charged as if you had attended.
- Please check all discounted packages for expiration date. Expiration dates can only be extended if a medical note is provided.
- All sessions and classes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows observation of proper body alignment.
- Before entering the studio, please remove shoes and turn off all cell phones. Pilates mat class is done with bare feet or socks, while pilates apparatus sessions requires socks.
- Feel free to enter the studio 5 minutes prior to your start time to stretch, relax and prepare for your lesson. Small accessory items are available for your use if you are familiar with using them (pinky ball, foam roller, body massage ball, massage stick, tower mats, ladder barrel, foot corrector).
Group Class Policies
- Classes are on-going and the schedule is subject to change.
- There are no membership fees. Pay-as-you-go or discounted packages are available.
- Group apparatus classes last 45 minutes and Express classes last 30 minutes, unless otherwise noted.
- Please bring your own mat for mat classes (we have some you can borrow); socks for apparatus classes.
- For apparatus classes only, the studio requires everyone to take a minimum of 1-2 private lessons before joining the group.
In the event of bad weather, please check the class schedule or call the studio 610-401-8987 for updated information. We generally follow Governor Mifflin School weather delays/cancellations, but not always. Group classes will have cancellations posted online no later than two hours prior to their scheduled time. Private sessions and groups will be rescheduled at your convenience.